Boys JV Lacrosse
Celebrate the Holidays with Festive Poinsettias & Fragrant Wreaths
Delivered by Your Favorite Player
From Meadows Farm and Sponsored by Chantilly Boys Lacrosse
Poinsettias: $11.00 each
- Beautiful Poinsettias in a 7” pot -2 plants/pot with 8-10 blooms in a decorative pot cover & sleeve
Wreaths: $20.00 each
- Fragrant Wreaths are 20” with Mixed Noble/Fraser Fir, Sprigs of Incense, Cedar, Berried Juniper and Pine Cones
New this Year...Make the Holiday Season Brighter for Others by Donating Festive Poinsettias and Fragrant Holiday Wreaths! Would you like to bring a little holiday cheer to those in our community? Here's your chance! Please consider adding to your order by gifting holiday Poinsettias and Wreaths to these community organizations:
The Katherine Hanley Family Shelter
The Crossings at Chantilly
Sunrise Assisted Living at Fair Oaks
Please place your order by Monday, November 13th
Poinsettias & Wreaths will be delivered by your favorite player on Saturday, Dec. 2nd
We will volunteer at the Chantilly Regional Library on Saturday, October 21 from 8:15-9:30. Immediately following we will proceed to CHS for our skill session 9:30-11.
We will meet for strength & conditioning each Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6-7 pm in the weight room. Please dress appropriately for lifting & running outdoors.
We will have a brief player interest meeting on Tuesday, 8/29 @ 6:30 pm in the weight room. All interested athletes are encouraged to attend.
The following paperwork must be on file prior to any off season activities:
VHSL Physical, Emergency care & Extracurricular participation forms on our files page.
In addition concussion reviews by a parent & athlete:
CHANTILLY BOYS LACROSSE
2017 TRYOUT POLICY
- Open to all male students in good academic standing.
- Participants must have the VHSL physical, emergency care, extracurricular participation, concussion reviews: athlete & parent along with a copy of most recent grades on file beforehand. Fall and winter athletes do not need the physical or concussion reviews; only updated emergency care, extracurricular forms and their current grades. Please return by Wednesday, 2/15; at conditioning sessions or in the Boys Lacrosse mail box located in the Activities Office. This allows coaches and trainers to review/process the paperwork so all players will be eligible to tryout on time. Forms available on-line @ www.chantillysports.org, click files & links tab.
- Equipment required: Stick, Gloves, Mouth Guard, Protective Cup, Pads, Spikes and Sneakers. Helmets and practice jerseys will be provided. Sweats are mandatory until the weather improves.
- Assessment Criteria:
* Three C’s (Character, Commitment and Courage)
* Athleticism (speed, strength, coordination & conditioning)
* Stick Skills
* Field Sense, Vision and Decision Making
* Defensive & Offensive Skills
* Communication Skills
* Unique specialist skills (i.e. Goalie/Face-Off)
Monday, Feb.13 - conditioning & helmet/pinnie distribution
Wednesday, Feb. 15 – MANDATORY Gauntlet 6-7:30 pm @ CHS
Thursday, Feb. 16 – MANDATORY Gauntlet 6:-7:30 pm @ CHS; if necessary
Monday, Feb. 20 – tryout 4-6:15 @ CHS, please bring full equipment & sneakers.
Tuesday, Feb. 21 – tryout 5:30-7:15 @ CHS, please bring full equipment & sneakers.
Wednesday, Feb. 22 – tryout 5:30-7:15 @ CHS, please bring full equipment & sneakers.
Updates/weather changes please check www.ChantillySports.org-boys lacrosse.
- Estimated Team Roster Size:
Varsity: @ 27-29 players JV: @ 28-30 players
- Practice Policy:
Monday through Friday @ 4:15–6:30 pm @ Rocky Run
Saturdays: 9-11am @ CHS
Attendance is mandatory
Potential conflicts are discussed in advance between player and Coaches.
Thank you for your positive attitude, outstanding effort and cooperation.
Primary Email email@example.com
Work Email firstname.lastname@example.org
In an effort to recognize outstanding effort, hustle and a positive attitude, the Coaches would like to highlight the following players: