High School Activities Office
Ms. Bishop and Mr. Williams will be outside of Door 10 tomorrow, December 2nd, from 3pm-6pm. Come drop off your physical! This will be the last collection date before the start of tryouts. Turning in tryouts the day of will result in a delayed tryout
We wanted to send you an update on the Winter Athletic Season. The announcement by the Governor of Virginia may have created some confusion. The winter sports season is still on as scheduled and will be here soon! Tryouts for basketball begin on Monday December 7th. Track, wrestling, swim & dive, and gymnastics begin on Monday December 14th.
What can you do to be sure your athlete is ready to go on the first day of tryouts? Follow the check list below. Please read it carefully and take the time to double check that all your forms have been completed properly and submitted. If you have already registered your student in the FCPS registration system, log back in and verify that every form needed is complete and submitted. If you have turned in a physical check with the coach to verify the physical was complete and validated.
The checklist includes two additional forms 1) a transportation survey and 2) an opportunity to submit questions for the winter parents meeting. Both include important information for us as we work on logistics, safety, and protocol for the start of the season. Please go through this list carefully, we appreciate your effort in helping us bring the kids back safely.
- Have you communicated with the head coach of the sport you are interested in trying out for? Contacts and emails for coaches can be found on www.chantillysports.org . Each team has a coach’s tab with contact information.
- Have you handed in to the school a hard copy of your VHSL Physical form? The form can be found here: VHSL 2020 Physical Form. Hard copies can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at Door 1 at Chantilly High School. You can also mail the physical to the Attention of the Activities Office 1501 Stringfellow Rd. Chantilly VA 20151
- NEW THIS YEAR! Have you completed the FCPS online Athlete Registration? This new system was designed by FCPS to allow you to complete the following: Emergency Care Card, Concussion Education, Weight room form, Drivers form, field trip form.....ALL of these are required of athletes. Use this link to connect with the system FCPS Athlete Registration.
- As a backup plan this season we are asking for a completed hard copy emergency care card in addition to the on line registration form The hard copy form can be found here Emergency Care Card. This form should be turned into the coach at your first opportunity either a workout or tryouts
5. If you would like to explore transportation options to tryouts the week of Dec 7 (Basketball ) or the week of Dec 14 (winter track, swim & dive, gymnastics and wrestling), please complete the following questionnaire: Tryout Transportation Survey
On Tuesday December 1st the Chantilly Activities Office will be hosting a virtual Town Hall for the parents of our winter sports athletes. It will be from 7-8pm A link will be sent out to families via e-notify on December 1st. We plan to focus on our plans and expectations for this winter season. We will record the session for those of you who cannot make it. If you have questions you would like answered during the town hall, please submit them using this Form for questions. We will try to answer as many questions as possible during the Town Hall.
We are excited and looking forward to seeing the athletes return.
Thank you for your help, patience and consideration
Beginning Wednesday, November 3, FCPS activities and athletic programs will transition to a new online student registration system. This new system offers a host of benefits for schools and community members including:
- One stop shopping for registering your student in an athletic program and other common activities occurring throughout the school year
- Electronic submission of the emergency care card and universal weight room waiver good for all year
- Easy completion and submission of the state-mandated concussion education program
Each Chantilly family will need to create an account at chantilly-ar.rschooltoday.com/home. From that account, parents will be able to register all members of their family that are planning to participate in athletics and other activity opportunities. Students need to be registered 48 hours prior to the start of participation so that their information will be processed by the system. Important to note that registering is not signing up for a team, it is a convenient and accurate way to submit all require documentation needed before a student can participate. Registering helps ensure your student(s) is ready to go on the first day of workouts/tryouts. Students can be registered for one or more activities throughout the year and families can sign in as needed to update information.
Please note the following:
- A valid VHSL Pre-participation Exam Form (physical) is still required to be completed as part of your student’s paperwork prior to any participation in an athletic activity. The physical should be completed by a doctor, dated after April 30, 2020, and needs to be submitted directly to the school. All other requirements will be completed through the registration system.
- Families who have already submitted their paperwork and concussion for the 20-21 school year, are asked to register their students at this time. Go to chantilly-ar.rschooltoday.com/home. You will be asked to submit and verify completion of the concussion education as well as emergency information and contact information as part of the registration process. The record on the registration system will now become their official record for participation in athletics. We do apologize for the redundancy and any inconvenience as we work toward our goal to create a better system for all of us for the future
Please register your athletes today at Chantilly-ar.rschooltoday.com