Boys JV Lacrosse
Friday, 4/20 - both teams practice 3:45-5:30 @ Poplar Tree Park.
Saturday, 4/21 – JV & Varsity games @ Riverbend; JV @ 11 & Varsity @ 12:30. JV bus departs @ 9 & Varsity @ 10:15. Stadium & parking lot to far left of school.
Monday, 4/23 – Senior Night hosting South Lakes; JV @ 5:45 & Varsity @ 7:15. JV dressed on field @ 5. Varsity offense dressed on wedge @ 6 & rest @ 6:15.
Tuesday, 4/24 - both teams practice 3:45-5:30 @ Poplar Tree Park.
Wednesday, 4/25 - both teams practice 3:45-5:30 @ Poplar Tree Park.
Thursday, 4/26 - both teams practice 3:45-5:30 @ Poplar Tree Park.
Friday, 4/27 – JV & Varsity games @ Westfield; JV @ 5:45 & Varsity @ 7:15. JV bus departs @ 4:30 & Varsity @ 5:45.
Saturday, 4/28 – both teams volunteer at the Chantilly Regional Library @ 8:30. Practice immediately follows @ Rocky Run. Please bring your equipment as CHS hosts all day track meet.
Any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate.
We will volunteer at the Chantilly Regional Library on Saturday, April 28 from 8:30-9:30. Practice immediately following.
We will meet for strength & conditioning each Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6-7 pm in the weight room. Please dress appropriately for lifting & running outdoors.
We will have a brief player interest meeting on Tuesday, 8/29 @ 6:30 pm in the weight room. All interested athletes are encouraged to attend.
The following paperwork must be on file prior to any off season activities:
VHSL Physical, Emergency care & Extracurricular participation forms on our files page.
In addition concussion reviews by a parent & athlete:
CHANTILLY BOYS LACROSSE
2018 TRYOUT POLICY
- Open to all male students in good academic standing.
- Participants must have the VHSL physical, emergency care, extracurricular participation, concussion reviews: athlete & parent along with a copy of most recent grades on file beforehand. Fall and winter athletes do not need the physical or concussion reviews; only updated emergency care, extracurricular forms and their current grades. Please return by Saturday 2/10; at conditioning sessions or in the Boys Lacrosse mail box located in the Activities Office. This allows coaches and trainers to review/process the paperwork so all players will be eligible to tryout on time. Forms available on-line @ www.chantillysports.org, click files & links tab.
- Equipment required: Stick, Gloves, Mouth Guard, Protective Cup, Pads, Spikes and Sneakers. Helmets and practice jerseys will be provided. Sweats are mandatory until the weather improves.
- Assessment Criteria:
* Three C’s (Character, Commitment and Courage)
* Athleticism (speed, strength, coordination & conditioning)
* Stick Skills
* Field Sense, Vision and Decision Making
* Defensive & Offensive Skills
* Communication Skills
* Unique specialist skills (i.e. Goalie/Face-Off)
Monday, Feb.12 - conditioning with helmet/pinnie distribution
Tuesday, Feb. 13 - MANDATORY Gauntlet 6:-7:15 pm @ CHS
Thursday, Feb. 15 – MANDATORY Gauntlet 6:-7:15 pm @ CHS, if necessary.
Monday, Feb. 19 – Varsity tryout 8-10 & JV 9:45-11:45 @ CHS; please bring full equipment & sneakers.
Tuesday, Feb. 20 – Varsity tryout 4:45-6:45 & JV 5:45-7:35 @ CHS; please bring full equipment & sneakers.
Wednesday, Feb. 21 –Varsity & JV 3:30-5:35 @ Poplar Tree; please bring full equipment
Updates/weather changes please check www.ChantillySports.org-boys lacrosse.
- Estimated Team Roster Size:
Varsity: @ 27-32 players JV: @ 28-30 players
- Practice Policy:
Monday through Friday @ 4:15–6:30 pm @ Rocky Run
Saturdays: 9-11am @ CHS
Attendance is mandatory
Potential conflicts are discussed in advance between player and Coaches.
Thank you for your positive attitude, outstanding effort and cooperation.
In an effort to recognize outstanding effort, hustle and a positive attitude, the Coaches would like to highlight the following players:
Week 2/19-2/24:Sean Sy
Week 2/26-3/3:Ryan Keating
Week 3/5-3/10: Ziad Kashef
Week 3/12-3/17: Jared Hong
Week 3/19-3/24: NA
Week 4/2-4/7: Michael Estrella & Jack Mercer
Week 4/9-4/14: NA