Boys Varsity Tennis - 2019
We have been receiving some questions about the forms that are due by the first day of tryouts to be able to even step on the courts. If you don't have everything completed, you can not tryout until you do and that will greatly affect whether you will be selected for the team. Tryouts will take place Tuesday, February 19th, through the Friday, February 22nd.
1. If you have already played in a Fall or Winter sport and you, and one of your parents, have completed the concussion training you do not have to redo those for tennis. The coaches get a report and can verify that those have been completed. If you haven't you must do the training prior to trying out.
2. If you have a current physical on file for the 2018-2019 school year for any sport and has been completed May 1st, 2018 or later you do not need a new one since the coaches receive a report on the students that have valid physical on file. If you don't you must have a physical turned in to Coach Sciabica prior to trying out.
3. We DO need both an Emergency Care Card and a 2018-2019 Participation Policy filled out for each player that wants to tryout for the 2019 Spring Boys Tennis team. The coaches keep those with us throughout the season. These must be turned in to Coach Sciabica prior to tryouts or you can not participate. An optional drivers form may be necessary for either you or your parents to drive you to a match if there is an issue with school transportation or a personal emergency. Generally we get a few drivers and can transport the entire team in this manner. It is not a requirement. We will discuss this more at the meeting.
All forms and information are available on: https://chantillysports.org/main/teamnews/id/75/seasonId/4421102
Plus if you haven't already done so please go to the following link and fill out the Contact Information Form prior to the Tuesday, February 5th meeting.
We will see everyone on Tuesday, February 5th at 3:10 in the cafeteria.
2019 Chantilly Boys Varsity Tennis News - https://chantillysports.org/main/teamNews/id/75/seasonid/4421102
We will be having two interest meetings before the season. One will be Monday, December 3rd at 3:15 in the cafeteria. The second will be at the end of January, TBD, so we can see who we have coming back and plan on the number of slots that we may need to fill.
If you are interested in being part of the 2019 Chantilly Boys Tennis Team please click on the link below and fill out the Google Form prior to the meeting.
Also as you know we need multiple documents completed before you can step on to the courts. Below are links to those documents or links to the location where the concussion training can be completed. Everything MUST be completed before the first day of Try-Outs!
If you know of anyone that would benefit the team by trying out please pass on this information.
The forms that need to be completed, signed by you and a parent, and turned in to Coach Sciabica PRIOR to trying out are:
- Physical Exam Form – Completed May 1st, 2018 or later
- Emergency Care Card
- Participation Policy - DOC --- Participation Policy - PDF
- Parent and Student Concussion Education (online through FCPS, click the appropriate link)
Alternately the forms are located at following link:
Coach Datta – firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Sciabica – email@example.com